Every Dog Has Its Day

 

I was roaming on the roads

Seeing the creatures lay. 

Don't they have any work? 

I used to say. 


Those bored cows

Those birds and the miserable cats. 

They should run all around

Like the running rats. 


But alas they are like that, 

Sitting inside all day long. 

Hearing the same and

The everyday, nature's song. 


But now I wonder, 

How it would be. 

When in the house 

It's me, me and me. 


The one who's writing

And the ones who read. 

We all repeat the same, 

Sleep, wake and to feed. 


All of us think in our beds

Lying in our home. 

Nowhere to go, 

Nowhere to freely roam. 


I always think that they are

Trying to tell something to us. 

Now we all understand their lives, 

Under this fretful Corona virus!


Under the dust and dirt, 

I never found it too clean. 

Now locked in the four walls

I miss the trees so green. 


Watching from my window

Not a single man to a mile. 

Just the same animals

Who now react and smile. 


I realise their pain now

Of the animals who used to lay

Now i feel their misery, 

But what can i do,

            Except to just pray?


But now it's too late, 

Everyone's life is locked. 

All of theirs' and mine. 

Some working from home, 

While some in quarantine. 


So do learn a lesson from it. 

This is what I want to say,

And remember always, 

EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY!



#quarantine #lockdown #corona #poem #every_dog_has_its_day #animals

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valuable suggestion!

Popular From this Blog

The Lost One

The Pessimist

मेरी मां